Overview DIY Loft Bed
The loft bed is perfect for those who want style, function, and plenty of storage space in their bedroom. It’s also perfect for small bedrooms because it takes up less space than a traditional bed. Some of the benefits of this design are listed below:
- Sturdy and safe. The design of the DIY loft bed is made from several components that are assembled in the room. Once assemble the loft bed is sturdy and designed to handle a fair amount of weight. The posts are reinforced on all sides to give the loft bed stability.
- Stylish. The DIY loft bed is a stylish piece of furniture because it is a bed that is elevated off the ground, making it a great solution for taking advantage of vertical space in any room.
- Ample storage space. This bed has open cubie shelves that are perfect for displaying personal items, storage of books, or housing storage baskets. Storage under the desk is also available for larger items.
- Easy reach. Because of the nature of the design of the loft bed, everything that is needed is within reach. The bottom level is used for study. With a comfortable chair, good lighting, books, a computer, and other office supplies, the loft bed study level can be a perfect and quiet place needed for study and concentration.
- Compact desk. The compact desk can help you be more productive by keeping your work area tidy and organized while providing a comfortable place to work.
- Fun to decorate. Decorating the loft bed will vary depending on the individual’s personal style and preferences. However, once built, some tips include adding personal touches such as photos, artwork, and laying out personal items; selecting bedding and pillows in colors and patterns that reflect one’s personality and uniqueness.
Specifications of DIY study Loft Bed
- Designed for a full sized mattress. Do not use box springs on this loft bed.
- Features a desk with a keyboard drawer, open cubbies, two pull out drawers, and a loft bed on top that can be accessed with a ladder.
- Ladder is fastened directly to the bed frame and is stationary for safety
- The recommended minimum ceiling height for a room is 8 feet. This should be taken into account when measuring the room, as ceiling fans or hanging fixtures will add to this height.
- Study space is designed with an open concept on all four sides. This means that you can have more option regarding the direction the bed can face.
- The frame is heavily reinforced with multiple joints, screws, and glue for safety.
- This bed is too large to fit through a door. Assembly is done is several stages with several components.
How good do I have to be to build this loft bed?
This loft bed is a great project for beginners to woodworking because it uses simple 90-degree joints and doesn‘t require any fancy cuts or tools. My goal is to help those who love being creative and working with their hand. The PDF step by step instructions are a great way to help guide you through the building process, to save time, and to optimize building material.
How much money can I save building the DIY loft bed?
Building a DIY loft bed will be significantly cheaper than purchasing a pre-made loft bed from a store. The designs that I have researched while putting together this design ranged from $2,000- $4,000. Building the bed, yourself can help cut that price down to about $700!
Our encryption helps keep your online transactions heavily guarded from start to finish.
Many Payment Options
We offer many payment options so you can pay with what you want.
We offer free worldwide shipping on physical products.
We offer instant downloads on digital products.
We offer 60 day money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Rewards for Repeat Customers
Get discounts on your next purchase.
We will send you a present if it is your birthday week.
We are always available to help or answer your questions. Just send us a message!