The perfect DIY wooden doghouse for your furry friend!
I am so excited to share my latest DIY wooden doghouse design with everyone! I have been working on this design for a while now and I am finally ready to share it with the world. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
Some important features that I included and I kept in mind while designing this dog house were to make sure the DIY doghouse is easy to build, the right size, that it’s made from sturdy material, to have a wide enough opening for the dog easily get in and out, to ensure that the design provides insulation to keep your dog warm in the winter and cool in the summer, to be well ventilated to allow for air circulation, to be relatively easy to clean, to be free of sharp edges and points, to provide safety from predictors, and to provide a comfortable and luxurious space for your dog.
Benefits of a raised DIY doghouse
- Being up high gives the dog a better vantage point to survey their surroundings. They can see potential threats or predators coming from a greater distance and can also keep an eye on their human family members. Being in a tower doghouse can make the dog feel more secure, and possibly make them less likely to be disturbed by passersby or other animals.
- A raised doghouse will be more comfortable for your dog in warm weather, as the ground can get quite hot, especially when the doghouse is placed on cement of rocks. The doghouse can also be more comfortable for your dog in cold weather, as the ground can get quite cold and damp.
- A higher doghouse will keep your dog dryer and cleaner as the ground can often be wet, muddy, and full of debris. The dog home can help protect your dog from flooding or other weather-related issues.
- An elevated Dog kennel will be easier for you to clean, as you will not have to bend down as far
- This dog shelter is less likely to get infested with fleas, ticks, and parasites because it is off the ground and not in contact with the ground where these pests live.
The parts of the DIY doghouse: A space for your best friend to relax, play, and sleep.
The doghouse features two spaces. The first space is inside, and it is for shelter. The second space is a balcony or porch area. There are stairs leading up to the doghouse balcony.
The inside of the doghouse is very comfortable and cozy. The floor can be padded, or a dog matt can be placed to provide cushioning and comfort. There is plenty of space for the dog to move around and lay down.
The balcony of the DIY wooden doghouse is an amazing feature that provides additional living space for the dog. The dog can enjoy the outdoors while being protected from the elements. The balcony is also a great place for the dog to take a nap as it provides shade for the dog on hot days.
The stairs leading up to the balcony of the DIY wooden doghouse are friendly and not steep. This means that dogs who are older and have arthritis don’t have to struggle to get up to their abode.
Thoughts on why it's worth it to build a DIY wooden doghouse.
- This DIY wooden doghouse uses the same material that a real house is made of, which makes it much sturdier and more durable than a cheap doghouse made from flimsy materials.
- With a little bit of knowhow this dog kennel can be customized to the specific size and needs of your dog, while a cheap doghouse from the store is usually one-size-fits-all.
- You can match the aesthetic of the doghouse to your home. One example is to use the same color shingles for the roof to give the give the backyard space a uniform look or using the same wood finish as the house exteriors. A cheap and plastic doghouse will stick out like a sore thumb.
- You can bet that a DIY doghouse is better insulated and provide better protection from the elements than a cheap doghouse.
- This doghouse is made from Douglas Fir wood. You can build using high-quality materials that will last for years, while a cheap doghouse from the store will be made from lower-quality materials that will fall apart quickly.
- A DIY raise doghouse can be a fun and rewarding project to take on as you build a beautiful, comfortable, safe, and stylish place for your furry family member to call home.
Beginners can build this DIY doghouse.
It can be difficult to figure out how to build a beautiful doghouse on your own. There are many ways to go about it, and it can be hard to know where to start. However, following my step-by-step instructions will help you to save time, material, and nerves. You don’t have to be frustrated when building. You will find that this project is beginner friendly because I am not using advanced woodworking joinery techniques or creating intricate and complicated design details
Where can I find the plans for the dog fence in the photo?
Plans for the DIY dog fence can be found in this shop under the "Outdoor" section.
Our encryption helps keep your online transactions heavily guarded from start to finish.
Many Payment Options
We offer many payment options so you can pay with what you want.
We offer free worldwide shipping on physical products.
We offer instant downloads on digital products.
We offer 60 day money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Rewards for Repeat Customers
Get discounts on your next purchase.
We will send you a present if it is your birthday week.
We are always available to help or answer your questions. Just send us a message!