Why build a DIY greenhouse?
- A greenhouse is the perfect way to extend the growing season and grow your own fruits, vegetables, and flowers. But what if you don’t have the space or the budget for a store-bought greenhouse? You can build your own!
- A DIY wooden greenhouse is a great way to get all the benefits of a greenhouse without the high cost
- Building a greenhouse is a great weekend project and with a little help from friends or family, you can have it up and running in no time
7 reasons why every family needs a DIY greenhouse
A greenhouse can extend the growing season for fruits and vegetables
A gardening greenhouse can provide a place to grow plants that need a warm environment
A nursery greenhouse be used to propagate plants from cuttings
A home greenhouse can protect plants from cold weather and frost for growers who live in colder climates
A backyard greenhouse can protect plants from pests and diseases
Can serve as a hobby greenhouse that can provide a place to grow plants that are not available in the local area
A greenhouse can be used to grow plants for medicinal purposes
Important feature of this DIY greenhouse:
- Adequate light – Greenhouses need to have enough light to support the plants inside. This design features clear polycarbonate roofing panels and clear 6 mil plastic sheeting for the walls to provide plenty of natural sunlight to keep your plants happy.
- Good ventilation and humidity control – Greenhouses need to have good ventilation to control the temperature and humidity inside. This design has 5 windows at the top of the structure to provide needed ventilation and climate control.
- Temperature control – Greenhouses need to be able to control the temperature inside to create the ideal conditions for the plants. The windows at the top of the greenhouse, when open, decrease the temperature inside. They can be shut during colder seasons.
How do the windows work in this greenhouse?
- The windows in this greenhouse are opened and closed with a simple system of ropes passed through hoops. When the rope is pulled, the windows can open. When the rope is released, the windows close.
- The system is easy to operate, requiring only a few seconds to open or close the windows.
- The system is inexpensive to implement and maintain.
What about the raised garden beds inside the DIY greenhouse?
Plans for the raised garden beds/planter boxes can be found in this shop under “Outdoor” section.
Benefits of the planter boxes:
- Better drainage: If your garden is prone to waterlogging, a raised garden bed inside of a greenhouse can help to improve drainage and prevent your plants from becoming waterlogged.
- Warmer soil: The soil in a raised garden bed inside of a greenhouse will be warmer than the soil in the ground, which can be beneficial for plants that prefer warmer conditions.
- Improved soil quality: The soil in a raised garden bed is less likely to be compacted than the soil in the ground, which can improve the quality of the soil and make it more hospitable for plants.
- Greater control over the environment: By growing plants in a raised garden bed inside of a greenhouse, you can have greater control over the environment in which they are grown, which can be beneficial for plants that are sensitive to changes in temperature or humidity.
Should this greenhouse be placed in dirt of on a concrete slab?
The placement of a greenhouse can have a significant impact on its stability and function. Greenhouses placed directly on the ground are more likely to be affected by changes in the ground‘s temperature and moisture content, while those on a concrete slab may be more protected from these fluctuations. Greenhouses on the ground are also more likely to experience issues with drainage and waterlogging, while those on a concrete slab may have better drainage and be less susceptible to water damage. In general, greenhouses placed on a concrete slab will be more stable and easier to maintain than those on the ground.
This DIY greenhouse can be placed on either a cement slab or directly onto earth. Instruction on installation in dirt are included in the DIY plans.
Our encryption helps keep your online transactions heavily guarded from start to finish.
Many Payment Options
We offer many payment options so you can pay with what you want.
We offer free worldwide shipping on physical products.
We offer instant downloads on digital products.
We offer 60 day money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Rewards for Repeat Customers
Get discounts on your next purchase.
We will send you a present if it is your birthday week.
We are always available to help or answer your questions. Just send us a message!